
That leads to my wee little garden. I told you it was small.

So what do I have my in wee little garden. It is planted in blocks in the square foot garden method. I have in my garden by squares from the closest all the way to the end: cherry tomato, beets, tomato, yellow pepper, tomato, green peas, cucumber, red pepper, cucumber, green beans, cantaloupe, carrots, watermelon, green beans, green peas and corn.
Today I was out pulling weeds in the garden at about 10:00 this morning. It was quite hot out there. I could then appreciate that when I was much younger my Mama wanted to get out there very early in the morning to pick in the garden before it got too hot. Then I wasn't too keen on it. Mama said you can go back to bed after we are done. Ok yeah after we pick it, snap, shuck or shell it, then can or freeze it, it will be time to go back to bed. We would pick from Evelyn and Warren's garden. Warren would plant the longest rows ever in the garden. They went on and on - nothing like my wee little garden.
Now if I could just get rid of these Japanese beetles. They are everywhere. They are on the flowers in the yard. I saw one beetle on a bloom on one of the tomato plants. Go away beetle and don't eat that bloom, it is going to be a tomato!! That's probably not going to work, is it?
No comments:
Post a Comment