Friday, June 12, 2009

June 12, 2009 Where does the time go?

June 12th

Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday the new school year was starting and here we are at the last day. I can't believe that Daniel has completed his middle school years and will be in high school next year.

Sometimes I just want to slow down time to savor every minute of it but I can't. Time waits for no one. Not me, not anybody. No one has anymore hours in the day than anyone else. When I returned to work after being out for radiation - well I say I returned to work I was working from home during radiation - I needed time to ease back into the fast paced life of a working mom, but time didn't wait.

Although I can't slow down time, I can certainly be mindful of how I am utilizing the time I've been given. The 24 hours each day is a gift and if I look at it from that perspective then perhaps I will embrace it and savor it which is where I started with this. To find that balance between being the mom which is my main focus, working which I must do, personal interest such as photography and rest. It's a tricky balance that's for sure.

No comments: