Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A daily photo

I started this blog to post a photo taken each day. I guess I decided to do this for several reasons
  1. to work on my photography skills
  2. to document our lives in photos
  3. making memories
  4. to be sure I'm taking photos everyday
  5. to be selective of the photos I'm taking and choose which to post
  6. and probably more reasons that I'm just not thinking of at the moment

I hope to keep at it. It's a commitment to be sure to take photos everyday. I can't say for certain that I will get the post in each day but will take the photos and then back date a post if I have to. Hopefully not but I'm just saying I'm leaving that option open.

I'm not taking just one photo per day. I'll take multiplies but only 1 will be posted. I actually have a book of photos from this professional photographer who was used to taking many, many photos per day. When you see a striking photo in a magazine or book or whatever you can know that there are probably many, many photos that were not selected. To get that 1 stiking photo they have also taken many duds. Anyway about the photographer that I have his book, and I can't think of his name right now, he decided to take a year sabbatical and limited himself to one photo per day. It's a pretty cool book but that is not what I am doing. You can know that there are many photos, at least I hope, but hopefully I'll select the one that I feel is best or at best most postable.

I chose the black background for the blog to hopefully make the picture "pop".

We'll see. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: