
It's raining again tonight. This photo feels kinda, I don't know, melancholy to me. It's the rain hitting the asphalt of the church parking lot. I'm sitting in my van taking the pic so as not to get my camera wet.
Isn't melancholy a funny word? I looked it up at dictionary.com and it means gloomy state of mind. It's been a gloomy state of weather today so maybe that's why this photo looks melancholy to me. Or maybe it's my gloomy state of mind or maybe I just think the word sounds funny. For whatever reason it feels melancholy.
I really don't mind the rain kinda like it actually. Thunderstorms ummm not so much. But a steady gentle rain is refreshing. You just feel the earth gobbling it up. Providing much needed water for the trees, flowers and grass and such. And my wee little garden is getting water too.
And where are we on the way to. We're going to buy flip flops in this rainy weather. Charlsley hasn't liked to wear flip flops before because she didn't like anything between her toes. Now this year she likes them and wanted some to take to youth camp next week. So off to Old Navy we went. Now she's not leaving for youth camp until Sunday but we had to have those flip flops tonight!
Big contrast between today's pic and yesterday's.
No comments:
Post a Comment