
I noticed this scene late yesterday and wanted to capture it on film. To me it just seemed so, I don't know, humbling. There are people playing on the beach without a care in the world, just enjoying their vacation. There is someone parasailing, I can imagine them feeling so free as they soar above the waters of the Atlantic Ocean. And there in the background is the US Navy. It makes you stop and think, doesn't it? At least it does me, puts things in perspective.

Kathleen and I went on this mini vacation while Jay, Daniel and Charlsley were at Lake Junaluska for a youth camp. Kathleen was too old to go to youth camp this year. Last year I was home alone while they were all gone. This year Kathleen and I took off for the beach.

What a joy it is to be the mother to this young lady. I love you kiddo!!

There is something about the ocean that just restores my spirit. I love the vastness of it. I love that the waves just keeping coming over and over again. I love to play in the ocean. I love the sound of the ocean. Sometimes I just need to get to the ocean. God's creation is such a marvelous thing, I stand in awe!!
No comments:
Post a Comment