
I bought these for the children. Yeah that's it, for the children. I wouldn't go out and spend $7.29 on doughnuts just to photograph them, would I? Of course not, it's for the children to celebrate their first official day of summer vacation.
I wouldn't go out and get doughnuts for me to eat. Of course not. I wonder what the kids will think when they open the box and only see 11 doughnuts. I thought a baker's dozen was 13 not 11. Bummer the photo kinda gives me away that I originally had a true dozen.
So why is a baker's dozen 13 not 12. It apparently dates back to the 13th century where bakers feared severe punishment for short-changing someone of their dozen of whatever they were buying so they would put in an extra. Or something like that. There you go, that's the rest of the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment